Imagine a house with exotic exteriors, beautiful colors and most premium materials, but has a shattered and outdated garage door. A garage is an important part of the exteriors of a home and is generally the largest entry to the house, thus the look of the garage gate greatly influences the overall look of the house. Overlooking this simple aspect could lead to a shabby appearance to the whole house.
With time, the functionality of a garage has also changed. Earlier its use was just confined to keeping cars, but now many families are constructing it to form an extra room for keeping tools, pampering hobbies and sometimes as additional accommodations. It becomes extremely important to select a kind of garage door which makes less fuss while opening or closing, is automated, and increases the aesthetic value of the house as a whole. Generally a side sliding garage door is installed in big garages as it needs quite less space to operate and does so quite rapidly. The styling of such door becomes of immense importance; here are some tips to start with:
· Be creative, think bold: For a garage door to be appealing it is important that it is big enough to show the creativity in the mind of the owner or the designer. Bold colors really give the garage an aesthetic appeal and goes well if the exteriors of the house is painted in a neutral tone like beige or off-white. This helps in creating a contrast which helps to gain attention. A deep blue or dark purple colored garage door gives a welcoming and comforting look. Still, some designers believe light colors remain evergreen, and gives a calm and serene look to the house.
· The wooden touch: A wooden door for garage gives a rich look to the whole garage. Wooden doors may last long but may need polishing periodically. Although wooden doors are generally much more expensive, but they have remained in fashion in the past and would remain in trend even in the future, thus you would not have to change your doors again and again. However faux wood is now used as a substitute giving the same finish and texture to the gates
· Windows: Large windows are in fashion as it not only increases the natural light in the garage but also makes it airy. You can also flaunt your Mercedes right in the back with enhanced visibility in the garage from outside.
· Contemporary style: For modern homes anodized metal framed doors can be used. These are generally automated in their functioning. They generally hold translucent acrylic tiles. Aluminum framed doors are also sleek and modern.
· Fiberglass: This is the most commonly used and relatively cheaper material used to make garage doors. This also comes with a natural quality of insulation.
· Old is Gold: A house having a classic construction might love to install French or Carriage styled doors made of wood accompanied with metal handles.
It is important to understand that with diversified use of garages, the functional aspect of a door becomes much more important. If a person uses his garage for pursuing a hobby like writing, painting or singing, it is important to make a comfortable environment. In recent days garages are being made by materials like fiberglass which insulates not only the temperature but also sounds. This gives the required privacy to the owners. Thus texture, style, functionality are the pillars of selecting a garage door.